Up & About Mothers' Group | KINGSTON
Update 1.4.22 - we were all so keen but with the current health situation we all want to keep everyone safe. Therefore we have paused our group. However, there will be monthly, informal get togethers facilitated by Lisa (Counsellor & Group Facilitator). Reach out to see when the next one is on.
Telopea Park Meeting Spot | Walk to Cafe
Walk and Talk
- Meet at our designated spot (see below) for a short, low-impact walk to our mothers’ group cafe venue
- Catch up, chat with each other as we walk with your pram (or carrier)
Latte and Learn
- A well earned hot beverage & treats just for you (we wait on you because you deserve it!)
- A different, passionate speaker each week sharing their knowledge & tips (no hard selling ever)
- Focus on a theme each week with practical information
- Friendship, fun & chatter about what’s going on in the world (cue best Netflix shows) & our lives
- Same group of mums and their bubs each week
- 4 x consecutive weeks
- Exclusive access to Canberra Mama Co. Facebook group to share & ask questions of our speakers
- First option of tickets to our Canberra Mama Matters Morning Retreat
- Facilitated by a qualified counsellor & coach (who’s a mum too!)
Why enjoyment is important
Doing something that you enjoy, known as being in flow, is linked to positive emotions & happiness. It has been discovered that mothers need a sense of belonging and connectedness.
Why empowerment is important
We need each other! Motherhood is identified as a major life transition where identity loss rank high on major stresses. Reminding each other of our strengths & abilities helps our families thrive.
Why education is important
Being open to new information, having opportunities to share our knowledge keeps our minds active and expands our worldview.
Why exercise is important
Australian research has shown positive influence of even a single bout of exercise improves executive function and mood and decreases stress levels.